The name of this organization is the State University of New York Council for University Advancement (SUNYCUAD)
Duties and Committee Structure
- President: The President shall preside at meetings of the Board of Directors and the general membership. The President shall also arrange dates, sites and agendas for the meetings of the committees; appoint an arrangements coordinator and a program chairperson for each; and deal with such other matters that come before the organization.
- Vice President: The Vice President shall assist the President and shall preside at meetings of the Board of Directors and the general membership in the absence of the President. The Vice President shall also chair the Awards Committee.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall keep all financial records of the Council, collect whatever fees and dues are required, approve all expenses in consultation with the finance committee and board of directors, as needed, and present a financial report at each general meeting. The Treasurer shall preside at the meeting of the Board of Directors and the general membership meeting in the absence of the President and Vice President. The treasurer shall also chair the Finance Committee.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall keep minutes of the membership meetings and the meetings of the Board of Directors. The Secretary shall preside at these meetings in the absence of the President, Vice President and Treasurer in which case he or she would designate someone else to take minutes.
- Past President: The Past President shall serve as the elections officer for SUNYCUAD, be responsible for the nominations and selection of the recipient of the SUNYCUAD Educational Achievement Award, and be the Board’s liaison to the Charlton Scholarship Committee.
Election of Officers
- Election of Board officers shall be a standing agenda item at the Board of Directors meeting held at the annual conference. All Board members, including members-elect, interested in being officers, are to attend.
- The nominating committee, the immediate past president, in consultation with the president and vice president, shall identify candidates for President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary, and prepare a slate of Officers. The slate will be communicated to the incoming and outgoing board members at least one week before the board meeting at the annual conference. In the event that the slate is incomplete the slate will be determined at the annual board meeting at the annual conference.