2012 SUNYCUAD Educational Conference
Most recent conference: The 2012 SUNYCUAD conference took place in the Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel and Conference Center June 13 to 15. Thanks to everyone who came and made it a great conference! Check out our schedule page for links to some of the presentations.
Conference Program (.pdf)
2012 Featured Presenters
Andrea Kihlstedt is cofounder of Asking Matters, an innovative resource providing the information and motivation people need to get out and ask. She is also a nationally known author, trainer, speaker and coach. Andrea is all about asking – understanding individual asking styles and shaping solicitation conversation.
Laura Goodwin, vice president of The Osborne Group, brings 15 years of fundraising experience to the team. She has extensive experience with the annual fund, campaign communications and comprehensive stewardship programs. Her sessions will focus on effective events, strategic questioning and listening skills and strategy development.
Lynne Boles, a SUNY Potsdam graduate and in-demand consultant, will provide planning, branding and marketing insights from her experience as vice president of global advertising for Procter & Gamble. She was recognized as the Corporate Advertising Executive of the Year in 2009 for the Delaney Report, and played a major role in P&G being named Advertiser of the Year (2008) and Ad Age Marketer of the Year (2006)
Georgy Cohen, principal of Crosstown Digital Communications, is a renowned speaker and blogger on topics related to online communications and storytelling. She is focused on aligning higher ed web communications with the content expectations of increasingly savvy audiences. Prior to consulting Georgy worked at Tufts University where she led the university’s forays into multimedia, social media and online news.
Below is a list of just some of the sessions offered at the 2012 conference.
- How Games are Changing Life, the Web and Everything
- Analytics for a Better Experience
- Capital Campaigns: What’s New and Working Right Now
- I’m with the Brand: Creating a Rocking Cultural Experience Across Your School
- Planned Giving Techniques That Work for 2012
- I Learned Everything I Need to Know About Time Management by Playing Plants vs. Zombies
- Location-Based Services: Where Are We Going?
- Lead the Horse to Water, and Make Damn Sure it Drinks: How to Lead Successful & Transparent Projects
- Stop the Presses? Deciphering Digital Publications
- Stepping Outside SUNY: Lessons Learned on a Nationwide, 10-Campus Tour
- Getting There from Here: A Model to Develop Social Media and Digital Strategies to Increase Alumni Engagement
- Creating Your Tailor-Made Social Media Strategy
- Reel Deal: Online Video, It’s Time to Get Smart
- Social Media’s Secret Sauce, Students
- Lifetime Engagement Management: We Are All Alumni, All the Time
- Does Asking Still Matter?
- Asking in the Way that Suits You Best: Asking Styles and How to Use Them
- The Arc of the Ask: Shaping the Solicitation Conversation
- Events that Work as Hard for You, As You Do on Them!
- “Get Out Now” Part One: Asking Strategic Questions and Listening to the Answers
- “Get Out Now” Part Two: Strategy Development Workshop