Tracing its origins to the early 1950s and the first years of the State University of New York, SUNYCUAD began its service to public higher education as the University Public Relations Council. Over a half-century later, SUNYCUAD represents all professionals employed in a cross-section of institutional advancement areas at every State University campus. SUNYCUAD has evolved from a small corps of public relations officers into a diverse membership which includes advancement professionals responsible for a wide gamut of specialties, from publications and web page maintenance to alumni relations, marketing and development.
SUNYCUAD supports the State University of New York and advancement professionals at its 64 campuses in the areas of alumni engagement, community outreach, development, public and government relations, communications and marketing.
- Delivering high-quality professional development programming and resources to its membership
- Encouraging system-wide sharing of best practices
- Building strong and sustainable connections between campus advancement professionals and university leaders
- Advocating for policies and initiatives of benefit to SUNY and its member institutions
In carrying out its mission, SUNYCUAD values:
- Community and collaboration
- Creativity and visionary thinking
- Efficient and effective use of resources
- Ethical and professional behavior
SUNYCUAD offers a peer network for advancement professionals who share similar demands and challenges. Over 1,000 professionals representing 64 campuses and the System Administration annually benefit from membership in SUNYCUAD. Such services as our mentoring program, issue-specific workshops, and the annual educational conference provide tremendous opportunities to share ideas and best practices.
Among the benefits of membership are:
- registration fee discounts for the annual educational conference
- Awards for Excellence program entry fee discounts
- a subscription to Direct, our member newsletter
- and more!
SUNYCUAD continues to develop its membership portal. The site offers better functionality to members and increased membership access to more individuals across SUNY. Features of the site include easier renewal and contact info update processes, an enhanced directory, shared calendar, file sharing, forums, and a job board. The membership rate of $300 for each institution is an extraordinary value, and each institution can have an unlimited number of members. Membership runs from September 1 – August 31 of each year.
Billing contacts at each institution are able to renew/add membership for their institution and pay by either credit card or check. Once membership has been approved billing contacts will be able to share a link with anyone they wish at their institution to become a member or renew their membership at no cost. Members will also continue to receive discounted rates for workshops, award submissions and the annual conference.
Please contact our membership coordinator, Mike Barone, to check on the status of your college’s membership. He can be reached at email@example.com.