01 Sep Communications Manager, SUNY Oswego
The Communications Manager, reporting to the Director of News and Media, will also engage with the Chief Communication Officer and all core function areas of the colleges Communications and Marketing team (Marketing/Digital Services, News & Media, Design and Print Services).
The Communications Manager at SUNY Oswego is a creative writer and thinker who will work closely with a cross-functional team to develop strategically inspired and creatively-led ideas, willing and able to do the groundwork necessary to craft well-conceived, fully-informed content-diving into research, meeting with and interviewing stakeholders, cultivating an in-depth understanding of the program, initiative, etc. The Communications Manager will conceptualize, write, revise, edit, and proofread digital and print projects that drive and support the brand vision and deliver success for strategic institutional goals. Additionally, will produce long copy, short copy, social posts, video scripts and marketing content for the web.
The Communications Manager will also:
- Write, proofread, fact check and edit engaging and interesting content for a variety of audiences. May include preparation of news stories, print materials, scripts for programs and video messages, and write compelling copy for the web, as needed.
- Write and edit for marketing campaigns that deliver on strategy and meet project objectives.
- Craft copy appropriate to channel and format, including emails, landing pages, websites, social media, direct mail, advertising, etc.
- Play an active role in developing content for two primary digital publications: (1) Oswego Today, an e-newsletter produced every weekday while classes are in sessions, and (2) Campus Update, a recurring campus e-publication, through writing skills and knowledge of AP Style.
- Generate story and content ideas by becoming acquainted with the college, its people and assets, and executing accurately and appropriately.
- Assist with day-to-day management of the college Events Calendar; assist with posting events, reviewing submitted events, and editing events as needed.
- Collaborate with Oswego communications and marketing colleagues to ensure appropriate and consistent usage of SUNY Oswego brand voice and tone and in the establishment and maintenance of editorial standards/style.
View the full job listing for more information and to apply.