14 Apr Associate Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations
Alfred State College, Institutional Advancement
About Alfred State College:
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project-based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are student-centered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth.
- Helps ensure that the annual giving goals are met each year through responsibilities including:
- Direct and electronic solicitations, social media, online giving, events, promotion and volunteer management and other tasks involving annual giving
- Helps ensure that alumni relations and events are successful through responsibilities including:
- Assist/Coordinate with planning alumni events and execution, facilitate the guest registration process from start to finish for all major alumni relations events, volunteer management, event management, alumni chapter engagement, and other tasks involving alumni relations.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities while demonstrating creativity and vision
- Work collaboratively with Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations colleagues
- Plan for and/or participate in strategy planning sessions with the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Attend appropriate college and alumni events, both on and off campus, to meet and interact with prospects/donors
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking data files and update donor information in a timely manner using Raiser’s Edge
- Participate in weekly development meetings and professional development activities
- Perform other duties in support of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations operations
- Serves as development liaison with various departments on campus and coordinates special projects as assigned.
- This is an on-campus, face-to-face position.
View the full job listing for more information and to apply.