07 Jan Copy Editor/Writer, SUNY Oswego
The Copy Editor/Writer, reporting to the Director of News and Media and also engaging with the Chief Communication Officer and all core function areas of the college’s Communications and Marketing team (Marketing/Digital Services, News & Media, Design and Print Services), will produce high-quality internal and external news content that helps tell the SUNY Oswego story. A skilled reporter, writer and editor with basic competency in multimedia the Copy Editor/Writer will tell stories through the use of various platforms, including social media, short and long format writing, news releases, media advisories, web and emerging media.
The Copy Editor/Writer will also:
- Write, proofread, fact check and edit engaging and interesting content for a variety of audiences. May include preparation of news stories, print materials, scripts for programs and video messages, and editing of web content, as needed.
- Proactively cultivate ideas for stories about the college, students, faculty or other opportunities for media coverage.
- Play an active role in developing content for two primary digital publications: (1) Oswego Today, an e-newsletter produced every weekday while classes are in sessions, and (2) Campus Update, a bi-weekly campus publication.
- Assist with day-to-day management of the college Events Calendar; assist with posting events, reviewing submitted events, and editing events as needed.
- Manage the “hometown” news program about student achievements, working with Campus Technology Services and other departments as necessary to perfect accuracy. Proofread copy and check content produced by other staff members.
- Work with Marketing Content Creator to craft posts (text and visual) for the college’s official social media channels, and serve as a key resource in assisting with the institution’s social media strategy.
View full job posting and learn more about how to apply: