13 Dec Coordinator of Advancement Diversity Initiatives, The College at Brockport
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is accepting applications for a Coordinator of Advancement Diversity Initiatives in the Division of Advancement. This highly collaborative position requires supporting both The College at Brockport’s Offices of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving and will report to the Director of Alumni Engagement and the Engagement Officer for Annual Giving.
ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and coordinate alumni affinity programs for diverse populations including but not limited to LGBT+ and Organization for Students of African Descent (OSAD).
- Organize and coordinate alumni affinity programs for specific geographic regions including but not limited to Rochester, Buffalo, New York City and Washington, DC.
- Support affinity groups by recruiting participants, coordinating newsletters, reunions, and special events.
- Assist with event management including invitations, briefing materials, event website, attending events, interacting with guests, and executing post-event surveys.
- Assist with identifying and securing alumni hosts and volunteers for annual student trips including, but not limited to, the College’s Unity Trip and New York City Excursion.
- Coordinate on-campus programming for and engagement of student groups, particularly those serving underrepresented populations, to provide student/alumni networking and cultivation of future alumni relationships.
ANNUAL GIVING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the planning and execution of the College’s annual Day of Giving.
- Implement and coordinate a ‘Graduates of the Last Decade’ (GOLD) annual fundraising campaign, including identifying key volunteers, developing email solicitation content and a social media plan.
- Support diversity-focused fundraising efforts, including but not limited to the student Unity Trip and the College’s annual Diversity Conference.
- Assist the Engagement Officer-Annual Giving in all other annual giving fundraising projects, including direct mail, electronic solicitations, social media campaigns, and individual engagement/solicitation to donors and/or prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Minimum of one year experience in advancement, education, non-profit or a related field.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work weekends and/or evenings periodically.
- Attention to detail with a clear, concise reporting and writing style.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Proficient with technology such as MS Office Suite, digital media, and database programs.
- Ability to coordinate, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and verbal communication skills.
- Master’s degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Experience with event planning.
View full job post and learn more about how to apply: