05 Sep Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving, SUNY Adirondack
SUNY Adirondack is a teaching- and learning-centered community college, which fosters a diverse and equitable learning environment for students of all ages, backgrounds, goals, and learning styles. A member of the State University of New York, located in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, one hour north of Albany and thirty minutes from Saratoga Springs. Our size is intimate, with only 4,000 full and part-time students, yet we offer more than 30 unique academic programs that prepare students for both work and transfer to four-year schools. A four-year degree is attainable on campus through our SUNY Plattsburgh extension center. While many of our students are first generation college educated and from rural areas in Upstate New York, we are excited by the influx of students from downstate and out of state who can now live in our new 400-bed residence hall.
From interactive classroom instruction to one-one-one guidance outside of class, our faculty and staff are committed to both personal and public transformation through education, with an emphasis on critical and creative thinking. With population of 23% returning adults and 15% people of color, SUNY Adirondack maintains a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and to the welfare of its growing multicultural student body.
We strongly encourage applications from minorities and other underrepresented groups. A demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse student population and to the values of inclusion, engagement, and equity is imperative.
- Work with Executive Director to develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive alumni relations program for SUNY Adirondack. Establish goals and objectives geared towards increasing alumni engagement and giving participation.
- Oversee the Trailblazers Distinguished Alumni program. Coordinate nomination process, work with Distinguished Faculty selection committee, plan recognition event and work with faculty/staff to identify ways to engage Trailblazers with students.
- Work with Marketing to develop communications specifically for alumni. Coordinate all alumni communications including newsletters, social media, email, and website. Explore possibility of creating alumni magazine/publication to complement Report to the Community.
- Identify alumni affinity groups and develop programming that will reconnect them with the college, their program, faculty, students and fellow alumni (i.e. nursing, culinary, business, athletics).
- Investigate opportunities to involve alumni with other areas of the college such as Business Central, academic departments, student life and admissions.
- Serve on Athletic Hall of Fame committee. Work with Athletics to build alumni athlete database.
- Utilize Blackbaud and other tools/services to update alumni database.
- Manage alumni relations operating budget.
- Explore the development of a student philanthropy program focusing on education and awareness.
- Establish procedure to upload new graduates into alumni database each year.
- Work with Executive Director to develop and coordinate a comprehensive Annual Giving program designed to increase unrestricted financial support and increase overall participation in the Annual Fund; establish an annual giving goal and appropriate metrics.
- Manage portfolio of alumni and other prospects to personally solicit for Annual Giving.
- Create and manage a targeted, multi-approach direct mail program and email solicitations. Identify and work with direct mail vendors to create targeted Annual Giving appeals.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge/NXT to create and manage giving days and special annual giving campaigns.
- Work with Marketing department to develop materials to brand and promote Annual Giving.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge/NXT to analyze data regarding Annual Giving and provide analyses of program results. Use data to determine trends and segmentation.
- Implement plans to increase the percentage of donors who take advantage of corporate matching gift programs.
- Coordinate the faculty and staff annual giving campaign.
- Create a student philanthropy program designed to educate students about the impact of giving.
Fundraising Special Events
- Work with the Executive Director to plan and execute special events that serve as fundraisers for the Foundation.
- Determine event revenue goals and oversee event budgets.
- Identify, solicit and secure sponsors for events to ensure event revenue goals are met or exceeded. Continuously identify new sponsors.
- Manage a portfolio of special event sponsors and participants to ensure maximum participation and attendance at events.
- Coordinate event volunteers.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of other special events, such as Investors Summit, Scholarship Luncheon, and ribbon cuttings.
- Support work of SUNY Adirondack Foundation Board and committees; attends all full board meetings, events and activities.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director or as needs arise.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, business or public administration, or related field; Master’s degree in such fields preferred. Fundraising experience, preferably in a higher education setting. Experience with complex databases, use of Raiser’s Edge a plus. Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers and to organize small and large events; experience with nonprofit boards and committees a plus. Demonstrated ability to work within deadlines; be self-motivated, creative, and attentive to detail. Must be self-starter and possess ability to succeed with minimum direction as well as ability to monitor and record achievements. Demonstrated communication abilities. Experienced facilitator of small and large group work processes.
Mid $50k’s to Low $60k’s
When applying, please include a letter of interest, resume, names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three professional references.
Full consideration will be given if received by September 6, 2019
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. SUNY Adirondack is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.