18 Jul Associate Director of Development, SUNY Polytechnic Institute
The Associate Director of Development will serve as a key member of the SUNY Polytechnic Institute fundraising team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maximizing and leveraging the philanthropic potential of SUNY Polytechnic Institute in order to advance the institutions most critical projects and activities. The Associate Director of Development will qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward annual and major gift prospects and donors to align benefactors interest with the strategic objectives of the institution, particularly initiatives that are interdisciplinary in nature. Build philanthropic relationships with external donor prospects and benefactors with the primary goal of securing significant private support. The Associate Director of Development will seek to qualify prospects and close gifts of $5,000+, partner with administrative leaders, Deans, faculty and Assistant Vice President of Development to grow the pipeline of annual and major gift prospects.
This position will also coordinate the Foundation’s annual report and other marketing materials along with the support of the SUNY Poly Marketing team. This person will also coordinate Foundation events, ensuring all events promote a positive image of the campus and reflect the brand, value, and culture. Responsibilities include producing event marketing materials, reserving room locations and venues, arranging for any extra necessities including catering, set-up and security through on-line booking system, QWare. Must be able to meet critical deadlines and oversee multiple programs and events simultaneously. Such responsibility involves a high degree of independent decision-making, self-motivated and sound judgement.
Candidate will keep current with best practices in fundraising on an ongoing basis and will keep current with trends and advancements in the development field by participating in conferences and online trainings. Some evenings and weekend work is required.
Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from college or University accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; must be insured
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, overnights, and occasional travel
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must be professional, trustworthy representative of SUNY Polytechnic Institute at all times
- Ability to recognize and maintain security of confidential information
Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual checks.
- General knowledge of fundraising techniques, specifically related to higher education
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe products, social media, and Banner