01 May Digital Content Specialist, SUNY College of Optometry
The SUNY College of Optometry is seeking a Digital Content Specialist to assist with websites, content and web design strategy, and social media updating and monitoring across the College, including the University Eye Center. This position helps develop and implement the College’s digital content strategy on an ongoing basis and focuses brand and message continuity.
The Digital Content Specialist reports to the Director of Communications and interfaces as a part of a collaborative team to support the digital efforts of the entire College. The Specialist will have a combination of technical experience, excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, and a fundamental understanding of content management systems, web-based marketing and branding, and web analytics.
• Execute day-to-day website content updates to all College digital channels (web, social media, etc.)
• Assure quality of the website and help to coordinate web content with strategic communication strategies and tactics for College projects and initiatives. Develop and/or edit new platforms as needed.
• Provide strategy on web projects, including sitemaps, wireframes and user experience guidance, for units across the College.
• Monitor College social media channels, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
• Assist with strategic website and online advertising analytics planning, implementation, and review.
• Analyze website and social media data using Google Analytics and other tools.
• Track and report on website analytics, testing and engagement, and user experience analysis.
• Research web-related tools, technologies, and strategies to enhance the College’s web presence.
• Initiate innovative suggestions for digital marketing efforts and analytics, including online advertising and email marketing.
• Act as designated staff to update appropriate College websites when crisis communications and situations warrant.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, two years work experience in communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism.
Working knowledge of web content strategy as well as wireframing and sitemap development.
Experience with and extensive knowledge of digital marketing and advertising.
Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, InDesign and Photoshop, and experience with web content management systems, including Drupal and WordPress.
Familiarity and experience using Google Analytics.
Strong grasp of grammar and punctuation.
Up to date on the latest trends and developments in website effectiveness and management, including SEO, responsive websites, and mobile optimization.
Salary $60,000 with excellent benefits.
To apply, visit:
To view the College’s Annual Security Report visit
The SUNY College of Optometry is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.