08 Apr Alumni Development Coordinator, Corning Community College
Posted at 12:26h in job listing
ALUMNI DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Salary:$36,081.00 – $40,000.00 Annually
Location:Main Campus, Corning NY
- Authority: This position reports to theExecutive Director of Development Foundation
The successful candidate will oversee all facets of an engaging alumni program strengthening the relationship between Corning Community College and its alumni.
- Essential Functions
- Engage alumni by coordinating and implementing new and existing alumni outreach opportunities, programs and services designed to foster a lifelong connection between alumni and the College.
- Develops alumni programs and events to effectively identify and engage alumni; manages communications to cultivate and engage alumni in supporting resource development and fundraising efforts.
- Develops strategies and programs that build and expand resource generating relationships for the College; assists the CCDF, College President and other key stakeholders in building and nurturing long-term relationships that yield significant support from donors.
- Works with Executive Director and CCDF Staff to ensure coordination and development of total alumni relations program; recommends long and short-range goals and overall direction of the Alumni Program.
- Ensures accurate and complete alumni database records; captures contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, and website.
- Organize alumni related activities and events with objective of increasing alumni participation at all events and increase overall giving.
- Meet with students to introduce them to Alumni Association activities and encourage their participation in alumni events.
- Design, develop and produce alumni communication materials including but not limited to social marketing, e-mail, and print materials.
- Responsible for attending all annual mandatory educational programs as required by the position.
- Employee understands and demonstrates the importance of satisfying the needs of the donor by interacting with him/her in a friendly and caring way, being attentive to the donor’s needs, and by taking the initiative to maintain communication with the donor in order to provide a secure and pleasant experience with the college.
- It is understood that this job description lists typical duties for the classification and is not to be considered inclusive of all duties which may be assigned.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent Writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend, as needed.
- Knowledge of word processing software.
- Familiarity with alumni relations programs.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 or more years experience in fundraising.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.