18 Jan News: 2017 CHARLTON SCHOLARS AWARDS NOW OPEN
Are you a newcomer to SUNY or have you changed roles in a SUNY advancement field over the past three years? If so, consider applying for the Charlton Scholars Program, which provides scholarships to select SUNYCUAD members for registration and on-site expenses to the SUNYCUAD Annual Educational Conference, June 7-9, in historic Tarrytown, NY.
The Harry and Barb Charlton Newcomer Scholarship Program is named in honor of the late Harry and Barb Charlton, long-time supporters of SUNY and SUNYCUAD.
Application guidelines and all other information can be found on the SUNYCUAD website Charlton Application.
Submissions will be reviewed by a committee consisting of SUNYCUAD Past Presidents, who will select and notify the winners by April 20. This year’s committee members are:
- Maureen Winney, SUNY Empire State College (Committee Chair)
- Nancy Griffin, SUNY Potsdam
- Amy Kremenek, Onondaga Community College
- Justin Culkowski, SUNY Environmental Science & Forestry (retired)
- Kirk Starczewski, SUNY Empire State College
- Loretta Lawrence Keane, Fashion Institute of Technology
- Pat Hennessey, Westchester Community College
- Roxanne Johnston, SUNY Brockport (emeritus)
- Cynthia Cooper-Mapes, Monroe Community College
- Dan Doyle, University at Albany
Applications for the scholarship must be submitted to Charlton Scholars Committee Chair Maureen Winney at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2017.
We encourage all of our membership to share this information with their newcomer colleagues and encourage them to apply. It’s a great way to attend the conference with minimal costs and grow new enthusiastic members for SUNYCUAD.