22 Nov News: Call for Proposals: AASCU 2017 Communications Conference for Senior Professionals
AASCU 2017 Communications Conference for Senior Professionals
Call for Proposals
AASCU’s 2017 Communications Conference for Senior Professionals will be held March 14-16 in Washington, D.C. The theme this year is Communications Leadership in Uncertain Times: Challenges and Opportunities.
We are soliciting conference proposals that focus on your role as a communications leader in the following areas:
- Issues associated with undocumented students or international students, particularly those from countries that may be associated with terrorism;
- Issues related to educating and communicating about sexual assault on campus;
- Guns on campus and how you and your institution have handled issues that have arisen as a result of a change in your state laws;
- Government relations and communications partnerships as part of institutional advocacy.
Your submission does not have to be lengthy, but it should include the following:
- Briefly explain the focus of your presentation;
- Describe the transition/problem being addressed;
- Identify the outcomes achieved;
- Describe what the conference attendees will “take away” from your presentation.
- Also indicate who will be the presenter(s) if your proposal is selected.
You will be able to complete a quick, simple form by going to this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/commconf2017
Deadline for submission is December 12. The conference planning committee will select up to 2 proposals that best meet the criteria; if your proposal is selected you will receive $150 off the conference registration fee for one person from your institution.
We look forward to your submissions.