Awards will be given for the best ad campaigns and single ads used in the advancement of an institution, with an emphasis placed on paid advertising aimed at target audiences. Special consideration will be given to fresh ideas and creative concept development.
Submit entries in the following subcategories:
- Total advertising programs: Total packages, as represented by space ads, display posters, billboards, multimedia ad campaigns, web advertising, radio advertising, television advertising, and other promotions.
- Individual advertising: Individual pieces such as space ads, posters, web advertising, etc. (not including items used in direct mail promotions, outdoor advertising, radio, or television advertising).
- Outdoor advertising: Billboards, bus signs, bus wraps, transit platform signs, or other exterior advertising.
- Radio: Maximum length is 60 seconds per spot. Submit on CD. Submit entries either as single ads or as a series of radio advertisements.
- Television: Maximum length is 60 seconds per spot. Submit in DVD format. Submit entries either as single ads or as a series of television advertisements.
Entries must include a brief abstract (maximum of two pages) outlining a concise description of the program, its objectives and goals, planning and resources, audience, and well-documented results. Judges will specifically look at understanding of the target audience(s); the ad’s content, writing, editing, and design; budget; and use of available resources.
For total advertising programs entries, submit three to five samples from your ad campaign. For individual advertising entries, submit one sample. For web advertising, provide a printout of the ad as it appeared or the URL if still accessible. For outdoor advertising, submit color photograph showing the ad in use (on a highway billboard or on a banner, for example).
Submit an entry for this category by using the submission form (https://www.memberleap.com/members/proposals/propselect.php?orgcode=SUNY) and following the directions provided.